There are many downsides to using balloons in music the way I do:
- they are out of tune and out of harmony (sounds very annoying),
- are out of controll,
- cannot be used for live performances.
Despite this, contrary to the preferences of almost everyone – I fell in love with balloons from my first song („We won a son”). Reasons:
- In balloons sounds I recover a lot of emotions and associations from my life – that’s why I invented „Confessional Ugly Sound Arts manifest (CUSA manifest)„.
- Composing with balloon sounds give me pleasure (I love Audacity!)
- When I was young I was learning about typical envelope ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release). I don’t need think about this. There is freedom! Same as with tonics or harmonies – there is no knowledge needed, no thinking but only feeling.
- Ballons are cheap (good piano or good synthesizer are not cheap)
- Ballons cheap to record (They don’t need perfection, I can use noise removal)
- Balloons don’t need practice, exercises.
- Ballons develop me in using Audacity and to make complex sound structures.
- I very like these sounds (I know that I’m weird XD)